It’s great that you own an online business. Entrepreneurship is the way to create an income on your terms and be your own boss. A big part of sustaining an online business involves writing.
You are grunting already aren’t you? Is it because you don’t believe that you write well or because you have a hundred other things on your plate and that leaves no time for writing? Either way, here is where you begin to get help. You can’t get away from the written word in business so we will teach you to make peace with it.
Here are five ways that you can make time to write and have something to write about. As you get the hang of it, you’ll actively seek out any time you have available to put pen to paper (or fingers to the laptop keys).
1. Carve out time to write in your daily schedule. If you are the type of business owner who likes organization, you have a time set aside for everything. When you are making your daily list of important “to dos” don’t forget thirty minutes or so for writing. As you get used to writing you can increase the time.
2. Keep a notebook for ideas. The biggest complaint people have about writing is that they don’t know what to write about. Inspiration hits us at the strangest times. Having a small notebook and pen with you at all times ensures that you won’t miss those bright ideas.
3. Train your brain to see every situation as news worthy. As a business owner, you will learn what to do and what not to do to increase sales and your credibility. Each one of these experiences can be written about for your website. Your mistakes can be a reader’s motivation.
4. Stay motivated. It’s time to talk about your motivation. Begin by making a list of the reasons why it is good to write. Laminate it and keep it by your desk. Here are a few:
• Keeps readers coming back
• Can establish you as an expert in your specialty
• Increases your conversion rate
5. Write what you know. You can start writing tons of articles right away with your current knowledge. If your business focuses on gardening, you can write about that. Share personal experiences in your own garden to entice readers.
Writing can be fun if you just think about it. Writing what you know gives you the perfect place to start. Incorporate that and the other four suggestions to give writing a priority in your business.