Freakonomics ~ by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
These may not sound like typical questions for an economist to ask. But Steven D. Levitt is not a typical economist. He studies the riddles of everyday life—from cheating and crime to parenting and sports—and reaches conclusions that turn conventional wisdom on its head.
Freakonomics is a groundbreaking collaboration between Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, an award-winning author and journalist. They set out to explore the inner workings of a crack gang, the truth about real estate agents, the secrets of the Ku Klux Klan, and much more.
Through forceful storytelling and wry insight, they show that economics is, at root, the study of incentives—how people get what they want or need, especially when other people want or need the same thing.
Expert Briefs: Blogging for Profit ~ by Nicole Dean & Friends
I was super excited to help Nicole with podcast transcripts to compile parts of this book. So much fun and so many great minds all brought together in one place.
Unlike other books about blogging, Expert Briefs contains the wisdom of literally over one hundred years of combined experience.
Inside the pages of this book you’ll learn from 26 smart business owners about:
- What to Start Your Blog About – Identify what you already have inside your head and your heart that you can start blogging about today to grow an income. Plus, if you don’t have credibility in anything-find out how to get it.
- Painful Mistakes You Must Avoid – Learn from our embarrassing mistakes so that you don’t have to make them yourself.
- How to Make Money with Your Blog – You will uncover many different ways you can monetize your blog to enhance profits.
- Getting Readers and a Following – Find out several ways to draw readers to your blog-and how to entice them into becoming regular readers and commenters.
- How to Make a Difference – You’ll discover the amazing opportunities that you will have to make the world a better place.